Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Project is Finished!

So this last weekend we were able to finish the bed we made. When I say that we made the bed, it was from scratch. Some people were a little confused about that and thought that we bought a bed and assembled it. This was such a fun project for Matt and I to do, but I am glad for it to be done. We painted and sanded on Saturday and set it up in our room that evening. This thing was a beast getting inside. The headboard is REALLY heavy and getting it up our staircase was a miracle. Our stairs go straight up and then turn to the left and go up another 3-4 feet. The turn was almost impossible, but we made it. Unfortunately for our wall, it go pretty beat up. Other than that and putting a small hole in our bedroom door, we got it all done without killing ourselves. It was such a pain that I told Matt we can sell the bed with the house when we move next! Maybe he just needs someone with a little more strength to help him next time! We also painted our kitchen table this weekend, but I don't have any pictures of it. Now we just need to paint the chairs on Saturday and we'll be done! After that I think we will be project sick! I'm sure we'll think of something else to do soon! Other than that, things have been pretty mellow here. I wish I had more exciting news to tell, but I don't, so this will have to do! Oh, here are some more recent Keagan sayings; "Oh Geeze mom!, Hello? I'm talking!, and What Pappened?



2 comments:

Angie said...

I love it! It looks so good! You guys did a great job!

Toni said...

That is amazing, Shannon! I can't believe it. I should hire you to make a bed for us!