Friday, April 9, 2010

Update

So i have been really busy lately and have not updated this blog for a while. Since the last time I blogged, we have had Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Easter. All of the holiday's have been good for us. Christmas was great this year and Keagan got spoiled like usual! Matt and I have been busy with little projects and having fun with it. I have found that if I don't have things planned out for our weekend in advance, we end up sitting around wondering what we are going to do. The latest of our projects has been making a new headboard and footboard for our bed. I have always wanted a nice bed to go in our room. Unfortunately, I have a hard time paying $700-$1000 for the style I want. I came across this website that my friend told me about and it has all kinds of knock-off plans for furniture. This particular one that I liked was a pottery-barn inspired bed. They call it the Farmhouse bed. I convinced Matt to build it with me and make it my mother's day gift this year. So far we have it all built and sanded, but we need to paint it and antique the edges. It is going to look great in our room. Since we have been in a repair, building, improvement stage, we decided to paint our kitchen table as well. They are all going to be black, and the chairs too! It is really funny what things excite me now! Anyways, it is just a fun way to spend time with each other and make something out of it too!

Keagan is getting into a really fun stage now where he says the funniest things. One of my favorite sayings is still "oh gosh me!" Some other recently sayings are, 'uh-oh skettios' and 'i come hold me you'. He is also starting to have a really big imagination! When he doesn't have others to play with, he really has a fun time. He also does this when he has friends over, but most of them don't understand how to play pretend. He likes to pretend he is going to the store or to work. He grabs his tool box and says, 'bye mom, i go work.' And he really loves playing 'the boss'. He will sit with his toys and talk to them like, 'play nice kids, okay?' Or he'll say 'I said, no!' He is too funny! My favorite is when he pretends to cook and eat food, and he always shares his creations. I have a feeling he is going to be a real creative mind when he gets older. Well here are some pictures from Easter and of the bed.






1 comment:

Angie said...

I am still trying to get Paul to make me a bed too! I love it! My favorite saying Keagan is "oh gosh me", that is too funny!