Friday, May 7, 2010

I am Grateful!

Sometimes in life it takes a tragedy to put things into perspective for yourself. I know that everyone in life is going to struggle with something and face their own trials. When we are wrapped up in our own lives it is hard to take a step back and be grateful for the things we do have. I have always tried to think of the blessings I have rather than dwell on that which I don't. It is so easy for me to get into a mode of thinking, 'why me, why now, why, why, why?' I can easily get stuck into feeling sorry for myself, but I choose to stay positive and trust in the Lord. There have been far worse tragedies going on in the lives of other people that I am close to. Their trials have been such a reminder to me that I have so much to be grateful for. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a wife and mother to the most amazing people I know. I am so grateful for the examples that I have in my life, to make me stronger and to lead by example. I am truly blessed to have had the gospel in my life and to use the tools set in place for me to succeed in this life. Without this rock of truth, I don't know where I would be. I choose to be grateful for all that I have and continue to look forward to the blessings in store for me. I know that this life has so much to offer me and I am prepared for what is to come. I choose to take these trials in my life and learn and move past them. I do and always will acknowledge the Lord's hand in every blessing I have. I know that the pain and suffering that I have felt, the Savior has also felt. I know that this will not last forever and I can continue to be the wife, mother, friend, and daughter that I am meant to be. Thanks to all of you that have put up with me and be there for me!

“Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain.” ~ GORDON B. HINCKLEY




2 comments:

Jamie said...

amen!

Angie said...

I am always grateful for my own trials once I hear about someone else...it helps to put things in perspective! But still things that we have to go through are hard, but it will makes us stronger.