Thursday, September 22, 2011

6Th Wedding Anniversary

Well last month on August 12th, Matt and I celebrated 6 years of wedded bliss. I had to count to make sure that I was right! Six years has gone by really fast. I feel like we have only become closer together and have survived a lot together. Over the last few years our relationship has really been tested, and  I am grateful for it. If we can survive all the trials thrown our way and still come out on top, I'm sure that we could do anything together!

Matt is the greatest guy I know! Not many guys would put up with my ways.  We have both changed and grown since we met one another, but the important thing is that we have done it TOGETHER! I couldn't ask for a better partner, companion, friend, Husband, and Father. Matt truly is my best friend and the only one who knows everything about me. I'm not sure who I would be or what I would do without him!

Here are a few pictures from our wedding day. I don't have a scanner so bear with me!








This year for our anniversary I surprised Matt with some new golf club (that I got an amazing deal on!) and he surprised me with a night spent in Park City. The hotel was booked full so we were upgraded to a suite for no charge! That's what I'm talking about! We had a nice dinner and it was great to be able to spend time alone together.


Some pictures from the hotel





So what have I learned after 6 years of marriage, well I'll tell you:

1. No matter how hard I try, I will ultimately never be able to change my husbands bad habits. He is who he is and I just need to learn how to love him for it.

2. Never start the morning off with, "I need you to do something for me" or any questions in general really. You will never get the response you're looking for.

3. If you want something done, start to do it yourself. Your husband will quickly take over for fear of you screwing it up.

4. If you want something, ask for it. Your husband can be completely clueless. My husband has no problem doing what I need from him. Emphasis on NEED, not want! I just have to be specific!

5. I love my husband more today that I ever and wouldn't have it any other way!





















No comments: