Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Play Time or Nap Time??

So recently I have been trying to get Keagan to just stay in his own room and play while I shower. Lately he has been getting a little too curious about mom and dad's bodies when we get ready! This seems like the most practical situation for now, since he cannot open a door yet, unless I want to get up early in the morning to get ready. Let's face it, who wants to set an alarm every morning to shower if you don't have too?? Maybe I'm just overreacting but I figure it is time for him to be out of the room when I shower now! So I just put him in his bedroom and shut the door so he can play with his toys. His room is probably the only complete "toddler-proof" room in the entire house! At first he played fine (I had the baby monitor on so I could hear) and then he started to cry for a minute. I got out of the shower and dressed and realized that it was way too quiet. There was no baby talk or laughing or crying. I knew I would find something good so I grabbed the camera and headed to the door. I tried to open his door but it wouldn't budge. That's when I realized that Keagan had grabbed a blankie from the shelf and curled up on the floor and fell asleep! I squeezed my way in and took some quick pictures. And if you know my kid, you know that he can't keep pants on him when he sleeps, so in was no surprise to me that he took his off before crashing! He of course woke right up and started to do his little sleep talking because he was so confused! Poor kid didn't even know he was supposed to be playing, not napping!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Poor Keagon, that is too funny! What a cutie!